Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bret Rasmussen snowmobiling seminar

I just attended the Snowest Intermountain snowmobile show.  It was pretty cool.  There where a lot cool innovative products.  I enjoyed going around and seeing all the displays.  But the real reason I like to go is for the free riding seminar put on by pro rider Bret Rasmussen.  He is a mountian snowmobiling celebrity, and an excelent rider (one of the best in the world.)  Naturally I was sitting as close as I could to the front.  I was on the second row and pretty close to the center.  I really wanted to hear what he had to say. 

Watch the video by clicking READ MORE.

Bret always starts every seminar by asking what brands people ride.  In the past when he would ask who rides a Ski Doo, he would always follow the question up by saying "I am sorry."  This year was a different story.  As some of you may have read or already know.  Bret switched to Ski Doo over the summer.  Instantly my co-auther, PinNgiggle, gave him a bit of crap for that because of how much he slammed slammed Ski Doo in the past.  Bret just made a brief comment: "In the past, you are right, I would of said "I am sorry" and I didn't like Ski Doo, but they have done some amazing things with this new XM platform and it made the switch easy.  So now they are my sponsor."

I was also interested in what he had done to the sled to make it his own.  Here is a short list;
- Skinz Airframe runningboard with a stepover bar added.
- Titanium coilover and tortion springs.
- Skinz Bret Rasmussen series steering post relocation bracket. Pushes the post forward 2" more than the stock XM, and 4" more than the Stock XP.
- Boondocker turbo
- Took off ski doo 8" steering post riser and added a 2" riser and laid it backward
- WRP Bret Rasmussen signiture series seat
- Custom graphics

This is probably a short list of what he has done to his sled.  The one that I was interested to hear about was that Skinz made his post forward kit and not C3 who already makes one for the XP.  I know this question has been asked online before.  I am the first to provide an answer as far as I know.  I am sure you would have to call Skinz and special order it.

Here is a short video of bret talking about steering post height.






Thanks for reading,
Please check back often,
DPS

No comments:

Post a Comment