Friday, October 26, 2012

SNOWMOBILING IN OCTOBER

I went out on the first ride of the season today.  It was awesome.  Never has a first season ride been so good.  Snow over our hoods, powder everywhere.  Loved it.

I was disappointed however in the fact that when i got up there and tried to use my new Contour GPS camera the battery was dead.  I must have left it on all night.  I was super bumbed out.  It would have been the first real video with my camera and I was excited to use it.  Now I am going to have to wait another couple of weeks before it snows again enough to go out.

Fortunately my brother had his GoPro so we did get some footage.  I will share once I get it from him and edit it a bit.  But for now... Click READ MORE to see the pictures.

 
All takes place at Monte Cristo Utah October 26 2012.  It never ever snows like this in October, so we go lucky.

Nice view.


Looking back at the parking lot.

Still looking back

It is going to be a great day!

Another sweet view

30" for the first ride of the year is really nice.


There was no base, so it is easy to get a nose burried in.
stuck on the steep.

Going to have to roll it over.

Getting it over.

Steep side hill that was dificult to travers.

Nice Powdery hill.

Pretty pretty snow!

About to initiate the side hill powder turn

GIVE IT THROTTLE.  Look at the rooster tail of snow.  This is my favorite picture of the day

Still on the same hill. 

Working on the same hill.  It was the end of the day, and we where tired.
 
Thanks for reading,
Check back for updates often,
DPS

No comments:

Post a Comment