Thursday, October 11, 2012

Time to Burn

Sometimes we have extra time on our hands.  Most of the time that is a rare thing.  It is nice to use this extra time to catch up on the little neglected things in life.  For me, I used this extra time to make a video summary of my brother snowmobiling last year.

My brother brought me his GoPro and said; "This has all my videos on it. Could you download them and make me a copy?"  I of course said that I would.  Well it was 8 GB of boring. :)  I decided to take the highlights though and make a movie.  I didn't want to cut too much out because it was for him, and they where his memories I was toying with.   I think compared to the raw footage this is much better, but it is 10 minutes long.  So if you have time, take a look.

I also did it to gain a bit more experience editing videos.  I am still very novice and limited on my abilities to churn out a professional looking video.  I have imbedded the video on this blog for you all to scrutinize.  Leave comments on what you think.  Try to give constructive feedback as I will use your comments to get better.  If your going to comment about the music... I know :)  I have a hard time in the music department.  Music has never been a passion of mine.  Choosing music was the hardest part, and I eventually just went with some songs.  Hope they are OK for you.

Thanks for reading,
DPS

Weird thing with the video... when I was viewing it in HD it started getting jumpy.  Just a heads up you may need to turn the resolution down.

No comments:

Post a Comment