Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First motorized toy

I have been crazy about power sports as long as I can remember. I bought my first toy when I was 10 years old. I saved up for a long time. I sold lemonade, did extra chores around the house, and checked the couch cushions daily. :) I had earned $250 over an entire summer. One day my money was gone out of my jar. I went screaming and crying to my mom. She said, "I think your dad put your money in the truck." I couldn't figure out why he would do that but there wasn't time to think about that right now. I ran out of the house as fast as I could to the truck. I pulled open the cab door and climbed inside to recover my precious loot. It was not in there. My face dropped. I went back inside to explain to my mom that somebody must have stolen my money. She repaid, "I know it is in there, go look again. Maybe dad put it in the bed of the truck." Why would he do that, I thought to myself. But non the less I ran out to the truck again. I hopped up on the rear bumper. HOLLY CRAP, A GO-CART. This is exactly what I was saving my money for. I wish I had a picture for you guys, but I don't. This was my first motorized toy.  I loved it, and rode it every day. I tore the lawn to shreds as I would skid sideways in a drifting like manner as I raced it around the yard. These memories will stay with me forever.

What was your first motorized toy or experience riding somebody else's? Comment below and let me know. I would love to hear about it.

DPS

3 comments:

  1. I rode my friends toy electric car when I was like 4 yrs old. Does that count? Got a four wheeler when I was 14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to ride around in my brother's go-kart when I was about 6 or 7 years old. It was a blast! We got to ride it in a big field just down the street by our house. I'm sure it was a lot more fun for him because he was older and the one driving. None the less, it's a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got to ride anything growing up. My first ride was when I married my husband. We rode his UTV in the mountains. Now my family is hooked. I had a great time. Still do.

    ReplyDelete