Saturday, October 20, 2012

Projects are fun

Sometimes we get these grand ideas to complete some task.  For me this week it was remodeling two bathrooms in my house. My wife had grown tired of our unoriginal cookie cutter bathrooms.  So she came to me with the grand plan.  I of cource was persuaded through constant pressure to say yes.  Today I finished one of the bathrooms except for some wall touchup and haning a mirror.  It looks quite a bit better than it did.  The Color ont he picture looks funny, but it is actualy a light green color, not a puke brown color.  Sorry about that.


So that is enough about my wifes project.  I want to tell you all more a bout a project I have been working on myself. I have been working on the www.discusspowersports.com forum. I am almost ready to launch.  There are just a couple more things to tie up, then I will let you all see and join the forum.  I am excited about where it could go.  I just wanted to give you guys some background as to why I decided to start a forum.


I am a member of several communities online.  They are fun and informational.  They are all pretty much the same in structure, and mine will probably be no different as far as stucture is concerned.  I am doing it more for the hobby than anything else.  I thought it would be fun to see what kind of people we can bring together.  I hope to bring a lot of knowledge to the table as well as learn from all of you.  Hopefully we can get a good group of poeple together that don't just want to slam others ideas. I hate forums that just flame other members all the time.  They are nonproductive reading, and I won't allow it in my forum.  I love motor sports, and I hope to draw others around who love them as well.  I work on my own stuff, and have learned a lot along the way.  I have relied on forums in the past to provide information about certain projects to help me get it done correctly.

Why will my forum be different.  I plan to let the users control the content. Each section of the forum has a "suggestion box" where the user can request that a category be made.  Once a request has been made I will do one of two thing.  I will either take a poll to assess interest, or I will just make the category and then evaluate the interest based on category growth.  For example, when I was explaining the concept to a co-worker he said "So you would make a topic for antique tractor pulls?"  I said, "Sure, if there is interest there." 

My goal is to provide a single place where you could go to learn about what ever power sport is in your interest.  If that means antique tractor pulls, then that is definitely a worthy suggestion.  So, all you readers out there, be thinking of categories you might like to see.  Let me know what they are by either commenting on this blog, or comment on our facebook or google + page by clicking the links above. 

Keep your eyes out for the website to go live.

Thanks for reading
DPS

No comments:

Post a Comment