Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sweet Setup

My brother came by my house today.  It made me a bit jealous.  He has a sweet setup.  It will be nice when the time comes for me to get set up in a similar fashion to my brother.  I can be patient though.  Fist problem, I don't have room at my house to store anything this big and fun.  Second problem, I don't make enough money to purchase anything this big and fun.  Third issue, even if I did own these things it might be hard to get my wife excited to use them.  She is not an outdoor camping lover.  This trailer toy hauler combo might be a good solution to that.  I almost had her convinced that we should get a pop-up tent trailer. The problem with that is it would have to be one that could haul 4-wheelers and such.  They cost around $13,000.  I might as well find a used toy hauler.  Then the problem is that if I had a large toy hauler I would need a bigger truck. 

Power sports will never be an investment for money.  However I do believe it is an investment for family memories.  It is expensive to get set up fully.  The truck, trailer, toys, gear, electronics (GPS), gas and cost of maintenance and repairs is almost too much.  There are many people who give the sport up for those reasons.  It is too bad really.  I believe it isn't worth stretching your family thin and going into exuberant amounts of debt, but it is worth the memories.  You won't look back on your life and think, yeah I had money back when i was raising my kids... Rather you will think on those times you spent as a family out exploring the mountains on your UTV, or riding in the sand dunes on your Sand Rail. My most fond memories growing up are our trips to Lake Powell and Lake Mead. 

You need to think of some way to create these memories for your own family.  Getting involved in Power sports of any kind is one of those great ways.

Thanks for reading,
DPS



No comments:

Post a Comment