Thursday, October 4, 2012

Helmet Camera

I just bought a helmet camera. I got the Contour GPS.  I got it on Ebay for a pretty good deal.  I plan to use it to post videos of my power sport adventures.  You can expect to see more and more as the snowmobile season gets under way because I think this will be my first real chance to use it.  I am pretty excited for that.

I was looking into the GoPro because everybody who films their rides seems to have this one.  Even my brother has the GoPro HD HERO2 and it produces some nice video.  The reason I went with the contour GPS is because you can overlay GPS trails with your videos that show location, altitude, and speed.  You can also buy a Bluetooth Dongle for it and it will display the picture and camera settings on your smart phone.  This feature is a huge selling point for me. I have read that people have had trouble setting it up, but I am a pretty techy guy so I don't think it will be an issue.  More videos are soon to come to the blog. Check back often. 

Do any of you have a helmet Cam?  Which one?  Would you recommend it to others?

Thanks for reading,
DPS


1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the outdated post. I would love to share mine. Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK I like this one because designed especially for outdoor activity. It can record video in places where other standard cameras might not be able to record. See here

    ReplyDelete